LinkedIn is becoming one of the more popular social networks out there, especially for professionals. There are several unique strategies to better utilize the site’s potential – and make improve your own career prospects. These include:
- Create job searches. Each user can have three people searches and 10 job searches.
- Endorse others. It’s easy to return the favor if someone endorses you. So start things off by telling what your other connections do well.
- Join groups. These provide insight about different topics, plus access to others equally interested.
- Tell your story. Whether you’re currently seeking a job or may want to in the future, you can come across as an expert.
- Email your groups. Messages from you can appear as emails to others in your groups.
- Share information about your employer. This might be useful if you’re seen as spreading the word positively.
- Use LinkedIn ads. If you or your workplace is seeking to fill a position, designing an ad can help you reach the ideal candidate.
- Catch up on the news. LinkedIn Pulse can let you learn current events about different companies and industries, including different deals and influencers.
- Export your connections. Want to contact everyone in your network or at least some of them? Put their info into a database and track what they’re doing.
- Figure out your ContentMarketing score. This measures the potential of your company’s page and recommends what could be improved.
- Make a badge. This connects your profile to your site and makes it easy for visitors to learn more.
- Make your profile open. This makes it easy to contact just about everyone.
- Try LinkedIn Premium. There is a cost but it can pay off in terms of the extra resources available including finding out who is looking at your profile.
- Share your updates. If you post something great, let your non-LinkedIn followers see.
- Optimize your profile. Pay attention to the keywords you use, including your headline.
- Optimize your links. Add these to your contact section to improve how people can reach you.
For more social media suggestions, visit WebMe360.